All good things must come to an end, and my streak of starch/sugar indulgence is no exception. Unfortunately, throwing discipline to the wind resulted in my getting sick -- again (twice in five days). I slept for a mind-boggling total of 15 hours. Even though those hours were not continuous, I have never before slept that much during a 24-hour period. Ack!
When I woke up at 3pm, I managed to get myself together so that I could sit under a thatched umbrella and watch Mohamed and Sherin swim in the Red Sea. The view was very peaceful.
I saw a woman in a burka swimsuit, which covers everything except the face, hands and feet. I also saw Europeans with tattoos in skimpy bikinis, and the contrast was very striking.
I was very careful and stuck to lentil soup, simple ful and eggs. Unfortunately, I couldn't try the falafel, which looked amazing. Next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.